At Qt we take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy.
1. The information you provide/we collect and what it’s used for
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a personalised, relevant and positive experience when utilizing our website or content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfil our obligation to you. The types of personal information we collect include:
- Name and email
This is used to address you by name and so that we can send occasional emails and newsletters to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our contact forms. When you complete any of our contact forms, we may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
- Marketing and other personal information
This is used to customize the information we send or present to you on our website. Any transaction details, loyalty points accrued and reward details, records of your communications and interactions with us, and details/history of preferences and interests are collected to enable us to provide you with the services you are interested in. For example, we may be unable to issue points, let you redeem points or contact you without that information. As a member of our website, this also gives you access to your free gifts, resources, articles and any special offers that are appropriate to your interests and needs.
We also use your feedback, communication and information to provide a more personalised service to you and to continually improve our programs, services and website experience for you.
- Payment Details
We never share, sell, publish or pass on your information to any other party, unless you specifically give us permission and ask us to do so and/or the information falls under “Access by Third Parties” below.
Please note that the information above that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this information. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your information at any point by contacting us at email@example.com
If you choose not to provide us with certain information, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our website or content which is exclusive to our website members.
2. How We Collect Information
We collect information in several ways, and always only with your permission:
- Via our website: when you subscribe to our website, our blog or complete any forms on our website, email or call us we collect the information you choose to share with us during those interactions eg. your name, email and phone number.
- Via offline activities (eg. networking events, referrals, expos) and the collection of information only with your permission (eg. exchanging business cards, requests to email you information, etc)
- Via our Customer Relationship Management system which securely and privately stores the information you choose to share with us.
3. What We Do With Information We Collect
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
- Consent. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
- Contract. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
- Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
We will use the information you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors e.g. PayPal, that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with Privacy Acts and the GDPR.
Access by Third Parties
Trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider, PayPal and affiliates may have access to your information in order for us to process your payments, for us to contact you via email and for us to provide you with the products and services you request or express an interest in.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your information available for viewing by others online through this website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group call or webinar, etc.).
Submission, Storage, Sharing and Transferring of Information
Information that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your information will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such information (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
We aim to keep the information that you share with us confidential. Please be aware that we may be forced to disclose information to law enforcement or government officials under certain circumstances. At our sole discretion, we reserve the right to disclose information to law enforcement or other government officials if it is demanded in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
4. The security of your information and how it is held
All reasonable care is taken to protect your information by using the latest and most up to date software, virus, firewall protection and secure servers. All information provided by you via our website is stored securely and backed up regularly on our servers. Contact information is stored in an electronic database and is deleted upon your request to unsubscribe from Qt.
We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, at Qt’s premises and which is only accessed by us. We implement a range of security measures to protect the security of that personal information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful or taxation purpose. When any information is destroyed it is shredded using a secure cross-shredder at Qt’s premises.
All emails are secured and only accessed by us, as is all information sent to us via mail and fax, and provided to us over the phone.
Client information is never shared with anyone else at any time. All participants and assistants during our seminars and trainings, and any hired contractors working with us, all sign individual confidential agreements which bind them to protecting your and others’ personal information.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your information with trusted third parties (as mentioned in “Access by Third Parties” above) who use the same level of care in processing your information. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
5. Purpose for handling personal information
Our online services may contain links to other sites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and policies of Qt. Once you leave our website you are governed by the privacy practices or policies of those other sites and we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
6. How to access, update or change your details or opt out completely
You can access or change your details online at any time via the personalised panel on our website. To access or change your details, click “Edit Me” in the personalized panel on our website. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to assist you.
You can opt out of receiving information from us at any point. Simply visit our site and click “Unsubscribe” which is located in your personalized panel or use the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails we send you. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and we can arrange this for you.
All personal information is held securely for a minimum of 7 years to comply with our legal and taxation business responsibilities. After that time, all information is deleted, shredded and securely destroyed.
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your information is being used and request a copy of what information we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the information is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase information and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your information.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your information unlawfully.
- Receive information portability and transference to another controller without our hindrance.
- Object to our use of your information.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
7. Who to contact about privacy issues
If you have any queries or concerns regarding privacy, please contact us. We have rigorous privacy policies and procedures in place and will promptly address any of your concerns and questions. We trust you will enjoy your online experience with Qt, and with peace of mind.
Phone: Dr. Vesna directly at 0411 479 256
Mail: Qt, Level 27, 101 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Data Controller and Processors