Consultant Physician & Musculoskeletal Physician
Ranked First Consultant Physician in Victoria
Dr. Farshad Ghazanfari is a consultant physician in Acute and General Medicine with special interests in Rheumatology, Sports Medicine and musculoskeletal injuries. He is the founder of Melbourne Arthritis established in 2014.
Dr Farshad mainly consults at Ringwood East. He also consults at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Kew, Knox consulting suite 1a, Valley hospitals, Dandenong Superclinic and Vermont Day Hospital. Dr. Farshad could directly admit patients to Knox, St Vincent’s Private and Valley hospitals. GP’s can contact Karen on (03) 9870-1400 for direct admissions.
Given his diverse experience in medicine, acute geriatrics, rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine, Dr Farshad Ghazanfari is holistic and integrative consultant physcian who aspires to promote his patients’ health in bio psychosocial level rather than only focusing on the physical body. He uses all aspects of western and holistic medicine to help out his patients such as mindfulness, hypnotherapy, pranic healing and so on. He is fellow of both Australian and American college of physicians.
Dr Farshad can speak Farsi and Dari in addition to English. He takes teaching quite seriously and has been affiliated with different universities for the last 5 years and is acknowledged as an outstanding lecturer.
Specialty & Interests
- Rheumatology and arthritis
- Elderly arthritis medicine
- Sport and musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and general medicine and Metabolic and weight loss management
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia
- Peri operative medicine and photobiostimulation (cold laser) in arthritis and spine management
- Holistic medicine including Mindfulness, Pranic healing, Reiki and medical Hypnosis